Experienced Tidal Bore Rafter? First time wrangler? We have the most common questions answered below as well as some of the uncommon ones you didn’t know you needed!
What age do you need to be to go tidal bore Rafting?
- We have rafters of all ages! However rafters must be at least 6 years of age and more importantly they must fit SAFELY in a lifejacket. We require adults to accompany children under the age of 16.
What do I need to bring?
- The Shubenacadie is known for its waves and also its mud! Be sure to dress for the weather and also wear clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. The mud from the river tends to stain clothes and shoes so wearing older footwear and clothing is always best. If you get cold easily, having a hoodie or extra layer is always nice. Bring a spare pair of clothes to change into after rafting as well as a towel for showering when you are off the river!
Life Jackets? Rain Wear?
- Every rafter will receive a life jacket for the tour and MUST wear it at all times during the trip. Rain gear is available for the colder days on the river but keep in mind it will not help you stay dry when the waves come!
Is tidal bore rafting safe?
- Rafting comes with the inherent risk of Mother Nature and moving water. As a result, we train our guides to maneuver through the river safely and confidently and always have your well being in mind. As guides, our clients safety is top priority and is not taken lightly. We want all of our customers to feel comfortable when they are rafting with us.
What is your cancellation policy?
- All cancellations must be made with in 72 hours prior to trip departure time. Groups of 10 or more must provide 5 days cancellation notice to receive a full refund. Any cancellations within the 72 hour period will receive a charge of 50 percent of your booking. Any party that fails to show up will receive a charge in the full amount.
Im just here to watch!
- We have a deck on our lodge that provides some views of the river and the lower section of our property also allows tidal bore viewing access. However, if you are searching for a unique view we suggest checking out the Tidal Interpretive centre directly across the river from our site, only a 1 minute drive!